Website Alaska Airlines
Our airport teams work together to move guests and their belongings from curb to cabin, creating remarkable experiences along the way. Whether customer-facing or behind the scenes, we want to hear from you if you can be welcoming to people from all walks of life, think on your feet, and manage a flexible schedule. In return, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package, professional development opportunities, and other benefits that are all designed to take your places.The Station Agent role works in a fast-paced environment performing both Customer Service and Ramp Service Agent functions, keeping flights running safely and smoothly. This role is responsible for assisting guests with travel needs at Alaska Airlines (AS). This is a union represented position.
- Assist guests with travel needs (e.g., answering inquiries, ticketing, checking-in passengers, and boarding flights) in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for servicing aircraft while on the ground, involving the loading, unloading, packing, and securing of cargo and equipment in aircraft.
- Load and offload luggage and cargo with the use of conveyor belts or forklifts.
- Transport luggage and cargo to various airport locations.
- Maintain ramp and warehouse areas.
- Marshal and push back aircraft.
- Evaluate and prepare flights by arranging seat assignments and load, coordinating special meals, and upgrades.
- Perform boarding and gate duties (e.g., checking flight tickets, assisting and directing passengers, making announcements, checking aircraft, and confirming cabin security).
- Process and secure passenger luggage.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to learn and operate a computerized reservation system.
- Ability to anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to performing work according to set procedures.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service or community service experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach, and grasp.
- Posses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, listening).
- Typing speed of at least 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (US)
Company: Alaska Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dillingham, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A