Website Alaska Airlines
The Customer Service Agent is responsible for assisting guests with travel needs at Alaska Airlines (AS). As a member of the passenger service team, this individual contributor role responds to guest inquiries and performs various tasks in ticketing, check-in, and boarding areas. This is a union represented position.
- flights) in a fast-paced environment.
- Sell tickets and ensure cabin accommodations.
- Perform boarding and gate duties (e.g., checking flight tickets, assisting and directing passengers, making announcements, checking aircraft, and confirming cabin security).
- Process and secure passenger luggage.
- At the direction of management, may be assigned to perform duties of varying capacities to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Perform computer, iPad and paperwork tasks.
- Evaluate and prepare flights by arranging seat assignments and load, coordinating special meals, and upgrades.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts (e.g., weekends, holidays).
- Ability to participate in paid training.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, listening).
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to learn and operate a computerized reservation system.
- Ability to adapt to performing work according to set procedures.
- Ability to anticipate needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6 months of customer service or community service experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Company: Alaska Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A